Thursday, January 27, 2011

Not for the faint of heart and finally snow (pics)

  I had made this doll a good while ago, but never finished her.I loved how she came out except for the head.Even after I started painting her features I didn't like her any better.So I just put her away until the other day when I was cleaning out my closet.I brought her out and sat her in the dolly chair where I put the doll I am working on.After looking at her for a while I thought if I could change the head I would like her a lot better,but since the head and body was one piece I'd have to cut off the head.Some will think this crazy,but some will understand it gave me a funny feeling in my stomach to do this.My husband was no help he was making remarks and getting a kick out of it when I told him how I hated to cut the doll.Like how can you cut that poor things head off, and so on just to give you an idea some of what he was saying.Husbands, well I was glad it brought a little fun into his day lol...
       Once it was done and I made her a new round head I was glad I like her so much better...
        
Now she has a new head and is in the painting stage.I have completely painted her body, and letting her dry.I'll post more pics as she's coming along, but I must say I really am happy with her new look....

We finally got some snow about 12", and it's beautiful.Everything looks so peaceful hardly anything is moving around here except the snowplows and my coffee pot lol.I am snuggled in with my coffee, patterns, and lots of fabric what more could I ask for lol.I thank God for a warm home and family to share it with.Well I better get moving so much to do....
Hope every ones having a wonderful day... Blessing Diane 

No comments:

Post a Comment